HOW TO PLAY MINI-BACCARAT
The object of Mini-Baccarat is to try and predict which of the two hands (Player or Banker) will have a point total closest to 9, the highest value for a hand.
The highest hand in Mini-Baccarat is 9 and the lowest is 0. Tens, Jacks, Queens and Kings are counted as zero, an Ace counts as one, and all other cards count as their face value. When totalling the cards on each hand, only the last digit is used to determine the hand's value (e.g. 1+4 = 5, 9+3 = 2, 10+3 = 3).
There are three possible outcomes on which you can wager before cards are dealt: the player's hand, the banker's hand, or the tie.
In Mini-Baccarat, individual players do not touch or receive any cards. Instead, cards are dealt face-up in front of the dealer: two to the 'Banker's hand' and two to the 'Player's hand'. The hand with a point value closest to nine wins.
Third Card Rule
Based on the individual point totals of the player's hand and the banker's hand, a third card may be dealt:
- When the first two cards of the player's hand or banker's hand total 8 or 9, neither hand receives a third card.
- When the first two cards of the player's hand total 6 or more, the player's hand does not get a third card.
- When the first two cards of the player's hand total 0-5, the player's hand gets a third card.
The banker's hand plays under the same rules as the player's hand except when both the banker's hand cards total 3, 4, 5, or 6 and when the player's hand takes a third card. In that event, these rules apply:
|When the banker's first two cards total:
||Banker takes a third card if the third card of the player is:|
|3||not an 8|
|4||2 through 7|
|5||4 through 7|
|6||6 or 7|
BACCARAT PAIRS SIDE-BET
Dragon Bonus Baccarat
Dragon Bonus Baccarat is an optional side wager. You have two ways to win:
- When your selected hand for the Dragon Bonus wager is a natural winner
- When your selected hand wins by four or more points
Squeeze Play Midi-Baccarat
The object of the game and how it's played are the same, except the players are permitted to touch or squeeze the cards.
- The Players that have the highest 'Player' and 'Banker' wagers, before the initial deal, will be given the option to touch or hold the respective cards.
- Players may 'squeeze' or 'fold' the cards, but are not permitted to 'crumple' or 'rip' the cards.
- The hands are played according to the Third Card Rule and Paytable outlined in Mini-Baccarat.
The object of the game and how it's played are the same, however in EZ Baccarat:
- There are no commissions taken on winning Banker wagers.
- If the Banker's hand is a winning three-card hand totalling 7, the hand is called a âDragon 7â.
- Winning wagers on the Dragon-7 bet pay 40-1.
- Winning Banker wagers on a Dragon-7 are a push (tie).
A variation of the game of Mini-Baccarat. The object of the game and how it's played are the same as the Third Card Rule outlined in Mini-Baccarat. The difference with No-Commission Baccarat is exactly what the name implies, there is no commission taken on winning Banker wagers.
View Odds of Winning & Payouts »
Odds of Winning Baccarat
Baccarat is a chance-based casino game. All the lucky charms in the world won't affect the results of games of chance. It doesn't matter if you just lost three times in a row, or 40. The odds of winning never change. The only thing you can control is how much you bet, how often you play and for how long. That's why many players set a limit beforehand — it's the best way to keep chance-based games fun. Learn More about the Odds of Winning & Payouts »